Monday 16 January 2012

A Southerly Drive

Today I had a few precious hours of 'Me' time.  I took D up on her offer of going to hers.  She lives about 20 miles away, south of here, about a 30-35 minute run.  I took my knitting, but had a feeling that there would be more chat than knitting.  I managed to get a few rows done, only a few mind!  The road there is very windy and up and down.  I did have my camera with me, but didn't get it out.  The view on the way back is exceedling stunning.  Anther place to go to a run to, have a short walk and take pictures.

Anyhow, we had a good chat, dare I say touching on gossip at times!  Quite productive all in all.  D had made some soup with veg from her garden - very lovely.

I got back to find that Mary-Jane had had a very unsettled afternoon and had been screaming non-stop for three quarters of an hour and couldn't settle to anything for very long.  Not like her.  She wasn't overly interested in her tea - veggie burger and scrambled eggs, she usually likes this.  However she did drink her milk.  I gave her some calpol incase she was having any aches and pains, growing pains or peggie ache and took her to bed about 20 minutes early.  She settled for over an hour, then awake and crying. Cuddles, bed, cuddles and time ten minutes on our bed, bed, playing on her own bed, disturbed light sleep for a couple of hours.  Touch wood she has properly settled now and will have a good rest of the night.

I have told her that I will take her on adventures tomorrow - to the playgroup (mother & toddler group) at Gosforth.  Fingers crossed she will have a better day.

No comments: