Sunday 22 January 2012

Skew And The Screaming Ab-Dabs

Mary-Jane is having a very unsettled evening, the worst she's had.  She has finished with the screaming ab-dabs, but it is five to eleven and she is still awake and mooching around on her bed.  I thought this afternoon her cold seemed to be breaking as she didn't seem to be as snuffly and her nose wasn't running as much.  I just want her to rest now.

Earlier in the evening, I found my Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket pattern.  In the pack is also the pattern for the adult surprise jacket - and the magic formula to make the jacket any size and any weight.  I was happy with this find.  I've been wanting to get my hands on this for a short while.  The fomula is straight forward.  I have made at least four EZBSJ's and want to make some more for Mary-Jane.  It even crossed my head to make on for me.  What did not cross my head, despite prompting, was what to make it with.  But I've got the pattern.  I was itching to start a jacket, but a tension square is the absolute quintessential key to this, and I'd not quite decided what yarn to make it in.  I also wasn't in the mood to do a tension square, don't ask me why.  Sensibility won over and I made a start on the second side of the olympic cushion.  Haven't got far though. 11 rounds.

I had a look at the Skew sock pattern.  I put myself off from casting that on as I couldn't get my head around the increases.  However, once I'd got started on the cushion, I tried to work it out.  I think it's starting to sink in.  If it's the increase that forms part of the skew, then I think I can undertand it.  I think I was just not in the mood to venture into new territory this evening.  Which has turned out okay with Mary-Jane being so unsettled.  I will re-instate Skew back at the top of my list of things I want to do next.

No comments: