Wednesday 4 January 2012

More On Stash Busting 2012

Stash Busting (SB) - the thing I'm going to do in 2012.  I'm going to try to use just my stash.  I won't say use only my stash.  These days to have new yarn is a rare treat.  I knew frugal days were coming so I did stock pile somewhat in the last year I was in Stafford.  Plus I bought quite a bit of baby yarn.  The aim of the venture is, as I've said, to use your stash as much as possible.  Nothing is stopping you getting new yarn.  I have signed up to this at Creating A Family Home.  There is a link on the right hand side and it is listed in the blogs I follow.  Please look here for more information - indeed join in the fun if you want to!

I've not compiled a list of WIP's as at the moment I'm more or less completing a project before starting the next.  I have for a year or two listed UFO's but there was very little movement on them, so I have omitted both lists.  I may start a list of Stash Busting Projects, that sounds like a good idea.  There is no way I am going to itemise my stash, that will take far too long.

So to kick off my SB, the first thing I'm going to include is the Sense and Fashion Handwarmers.  The second is what I have on my needles at the moment.

It is a cape, which I have called 'Sereknitty'.  I am using a yarn called 'Serene, from Kirkton House.  It is Aldi's own yarn.  The cape pattern is off the ball band.  I have seen very similar patterns elsewhere.  M got me the yarn a couple of months ago.  It is a 300g ball, I don't know what the yardage is.  90% acrylic and 10% polyamide.  I'm using 5mm circular needles.


This is it so far.  The colours are rather lovely.  The cast on colour - in the middle is actually a luscious lime.  I'll try to get better light for the next set of pictures.
I'm not sure which project I'm going to do next.  I'm still tempted to do a very lacy shawl and something for Mary-Jane.  And I still want to crochet a big oval floor mat out of my Peaches n Creme leftovers.  I've wanted to do that for quite some time.  I may need to ask LA's help to start me off with this.  It will be a long term, ongoing project.

On the Mary-Jane front - her sleeping is much improving each night.  She awoke twice last night during the evening and had a bit of a lie-in this morning.  This evening she actually asked to go to bed around 5.15pm.  After saying her night-nights, and putting in her bed, there was no protests what so ever.  So far, I have heard only one little murmer.

She has had a good walk around the house and we went for a ride in the car - nothing exciting - taking HK to an appointment in Cleator Moor.  We stayed in the car, as it was raining and the charity shop is shut on a Wednesday afternoon.

Tomorrow I am going for Coffee at LA's house and M is joining us.  This is quite an event for me.  It is the first time I have gone to someones house for Coffee since I have been here.

3 comments:

paula said...

Beautiful yarn . . . have a cupa for me at LA's.

Julia said...

The yarn is very pretty! Joining you from the challenge. Good luck!

CarpeDyem said...

Paula - the yarn is knitting up lovely - the colours are so scrummy!

Hello Julia - Welcome to my blog, thanks for calling by - Good luck to you too!