Thursday 2 February 2012

Three Surprises

Mary-Jane has been out of sorts today.  It has been very much a 'Mommy Day'.  She has not wanted to be far from me at all.  She was tired as well, she awoke a few times in the night coughing.  A couple of times, after coughing, she said 'cough' .  I was due to go out this afternoon to meet up with DP, a new Knitty Nutter Friend, at her house.  The thought of leaving MJ for the afternoon didn't sit well.  HK would have his hands more than full, and if MJ wanted Mommy, she should have Mommy. 

In the end, I decided to go see DP, take Mary-Jane with me and explain that I couldn't stay.  HK said he would come along too.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  So off we went.  I did end up chatting with DP for about half an hour - and that was rushing!  There was so much we both wanted to say and chat about.  I gave DP a pattern, and she gave me one - a very popular one at the moment, which was another lovely surprise!  She also lent me some lush books - two  Alice Starmore's and some Lace books, including Meg Swanson's 'A Gathering of Lace', which I haven't had time to even glance at yet.

I had a look at the tone of the Alice Starmore books - I'll try and write more detail about them later.  I did a bit more on the TSJ.  I must have been a bit tired, as at the end of the row of about 200-250 stitches, I realised that I had done decreases where I should have done increases.  Sigh.  It's all sorted now, and only about ten rows to do.

Did I mention we were without electricity from 10am to 5pm as well today?  Somebody up by Seascale apparantly had cut through a cable.  I think it may have ben a workman, I don't know for sure.  It has been a beautiful cold, crisp winters day, with no wind.  The temps are due to drop tonight, it's going to be a Big Brrrrr one!

Oh and another lovely, nearly-a-surprise I had today was a letter from my Canadian Penpal.  I knew the letter was on it's way, but hadn't expected it today.  So that's three unexpected good things that have happened today.

No comments: