Thursday 14 June 2012

Lydia Crescent Shawl Completed

I have completed Lydia Crescent Shawl! Now it just needs to be blocked, very heavily blocked. I was a little disappointed that the points were not more prominent. Blocking will help with this. The lace work at the moment just looks like a frill.
I spent most of the day at Fobbles, at the Get Together. Before I went I had a corking headache, which left me in two minds as whether to go or not. Two Co-codamol later and I went. By mid afternoon I needed to take more. I decided to have a break off lace tonight and worked on the ASJ. I have just under two ridges to do before I put the neck stitches onto a holder.
005
I have also wound up the skein of yarn that I got from the Woolclip, back in March. I fell in love again with the colours - purples, pinks and turquoises. Perhaps that might be the next project yarn. Normally as I am finishing one project, I have in mind what I am doing next. Not so in this case. Sensibility tonight told me to do the ASJ, what with the headaches n'all. Perhaps when my head is clearer I'll just make an instant decision as to what the next big thing will be. I'm not ready for that decision at the moment. Or do I need to finish the ASJ - or at least a significant amount of it?!
I have acquired today some crochet thread. It is very fine - 20, 50 and 60 to those in the crochet know! I am wanting to do doileys with it. I have also done a few more rounds of EZ PI. I am liking the yarn increasingly, the more I do of it. The colours are coming though better as well. I will try and take a decent photo in day light.

No comments: