Wednesday 26 September 2012

No Chutney Today

We had a bit of a night with Mary-Jane last night.  Sleep was not on her agenda.  She did have some sleep, but was awake and screaming at least three times in the night.  We have all been tired today, I think tomorrow it will hit Mary-Jane. It usually takes a day or two for tiredness to catch up with her.  I had to be up early and in Whitehaven for an appointment at 9am.  I have heard her scream out only once this evening.  I listened with baited breathe, it was just a scream in her sleep.

Consequently I didn't get any chutney made.  HK and I thought it would be too much on top of lack of sleep, and that a restful day where I'm not chasing round or on the go too much would be in order.  And an early night, chances of which are slipping away.

I finished one sleeve on Mary-Jane's pinwheel sweater.  I didn't like it.  It looked too tight.  I frogged it back to the arm hole, decided to add some extra stitches and make it short sleeved.  I have now finished another sleeve.  I don't think I like this one either.  So much so tht I haven't started the second one - apart from picking up the stitches - until I have seen it on her.  I don't like the shape of the sleeve.  I have added the extra stitches on the under side of the sleeve, making it flared.  I can't think of the right word to describe it.

Our sky tv box is on the blink, increasingly so.  We are having an engineer out to us  on Friday morning.  Hopefully with a new sky box.  At the moment all my recorded programmes have disappeared.  They disappeared the other night,then re-appeared.  Hhmph.  There wasn't much on that grabbed my attention.  If we do have a new sky box, then I won't have recorded programmes to watch, which in turn lends itself to lace knitting as I have to have the TV Off and concentrate on what I am doing.  A long as I'm not too tired!

No comments: