Monday 10 September 2012

Knit Club and MJ's Pinwheel Sweater

Woodlands Knitting resumed today after it's summer break - well we didn't meet for August as it the cafe's busiest month....  There was only four of us there, so it was quite cosy.  I had a good chat with one of the ladies, when there was just the two of us.  We chatted about a few different things - school mainly and a bit about work.  I was surprised how emotional I felt talking about school.  So many feelings and things that I don't talk about came to the fore, quickly boxed back up again and control regained, but left with surprise for the happening of it!

I am continuing to work on MJ's pinwheel sweater.  I am quite enjoying it at the moment and the colours are growing on me.  They are still bright though! I have changed to a longer cable and have nearly filled that one up.  I have yet to work out how much I need to go to finish.  I am guessing the same as the back or to the point of the armholes.  I shall leave the excitement of looking at the pattern till tomorrow!  It is just creeping past my bed time and my eyes are getting stingy.

029

 We have also had our WI committee meeting tonight.  Busy Busy Busy.  I have volunteered to make some cupcakes for the main meeting on Wednesday, to help celebrate the WI's win at Gosforth.  Now just to decide which cupcakes to make - that will be the difficult thing!

I have also been given the pattern for jumpers for the Fish & Chip Babies.  I will find out more about this.  In essence, in Africa, some parents/ mothers are that poor that they have no clothes for their new born babies, so they wrap them up in newspaper, hence the name 'Fish & Chip Babies'.





2 comments:

Luneray said...

My goodness, that is a bright sweater! I actually had to squint when the picture came up. :)

CarpeDyem said...

You should see it for real - sunglasses at the ready!