Thursday 27 October 2011

Baking Again

I was baking yesterday. It took the best part of the day and some of the evening to complete. In between times was taken with being with Mary-Jane, and of course HK and spent in the usual doings of the day. May-Jane is still teething, although she seems to be over the worst. It is a little tricky to happily see inside her mouth and take a running total of peggies!
I made a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes. This time I used sugarpaste dye and the colour unsurprisingly came out soooo much better. I did want to put a different icint topping on, but by the time I got there, it was too late to be messing.
I cut some snow flakes out of a ready to roll fondant icing, then used a paint brush to dust sparkly dust. I liked the effect, better icing next time lol! Well, there are non- left now so they must have been okay!
I also made some NSPCC specials - Vanilla with chocolate chips, with a pale green butter icing and a green spot to resemble the 'stop' of the Full Stop of their current campaign. Unfortunatly all this was lost on the NSPCC Coffee Morning as remarkably, none of these sold, even at the cheap and cheerful price of 30pence each. All is duly noted. I like them and the taste nice. Good enough for me.

No comments: