Wednesday 7 December 2011

No Hat Or Cane!

I have been trying to make Mary-Jane a beanie hat the same as mine.  But in a different colour and yarn.  I eventually worked out the number of stitches I needed against the size of a hat that fits her.  I was getting on okay once I'd settled to it.  Three inches later, on review, I thought the fabric was too dense and wanted to use a larger needle.  I was on 8mm dpns, 9 is the recommended size.  I don't have any, so I may just try 10mm.  I can use trusty circulars as I still can't find my shortest wire that I want.  This in itself puzzles me as it is a wire that I use the most.   I'll try tomorrow evening as I'm off to bed when I've finished here.  I have frogged tonights said hat. I'm a bit peeved, not too much though.  Another look on Ravelry might help.  And the need to measure Mary-Jane's head tomorrow won't go amiss.........

I was getting ready to start my candy cane cloth last night (or was it the night before?) only to find that I'd not got any candy cane colour cotton.  Yes I was more than a little miffed.  I tried to move on and think that I will pick a picture cloth to do.  I've still not had chance to look for the missing Christmas Cloths yet.  On the upside, I do have a green and white ball, so I may do a peppermint candy cane cloth.  Unless I get a better idea!

I have been to Workington today, with M, to Chambers, the sugarcraft shop.  I wanted to get things together for the new term.  Before I went, I hunted online for the cutters, and found them.  HK suggested that I go to Chambers and get the rest of my bits, with my Christmas Money.  However Chambers didn't have the cuttters but did have virtually everything else that was on the list.  I have bought colour dusts and tints, a glaze, wires, a green dye.  I am about spent up now!  I spotted a bottle of Rejuvinator, which I may get next time.  This can be mixed with tints to make paints.  It can be used for something else which I can't remember off the top of my head. D'oh!  I need to dye some flower paste green and get some white mimosa for the Pussy Willow.  The I'm prepared and ready to start.  One less thing to worry about!  I shall order the cutters online on Friday.

I was going to do some baking this evening.  I need to do some Bread Pudding.  I'm going to try and do it with Christmas spices - nutmeg and mixed spice.  I'll try and do this tomorrow.  The main thing I wanted to make was some Christmas Cupcakes.  The recipe is in The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days book.  The cakes sponge is similar to a light fruit cake.  I've had my eye on this recipe for a while now.

Mary-Jane is much better.  Her skin has suffered though, especially on her back.  I have increased the amount and type of creams.  Hopefully tomorrow there should be an improvement.  It is dry and she does try to scratch and scratch.  However she (as I'm sure I've said before, but you can see how it plays on my mind) loves the coolness of the cream on her back.

Mary-Jane was doing a new dance today whilst watching one of her favourite programmes (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse).  She raised her arms up at her side, with her elbows bent and walked herself round in a circle on the spot.  She was clapping as well at times, whilst circling.

No comments: