Monday 5 December 2011

Christmas Cake - Part 2

The cake is cooked and cooling!  I am really pleased with how it looks, feels and smells!  I so want to cut into it to see inside but I shall have to wait for that!  The recipe gave out to cook for 4 and a half to 4 and 3/4 hours, and maybe up to another 30-45 minutes.  I took this out after 3 and 3/4 hours.  Maybe could have done with coming out slightly earlier.  The oven is a convection (or is it fan?) and cooks quicker.  Somthing I have to watch out for, even now.

 Would you like a slice?!  I would!  It makes me look forward even more to Saturday to the Decorating Workshop.
 Mary-Jane only settled for a very short while before she started really crying.  We both went up to her and bought her some milk.  Once she stopped crying - within seconds of having Mom-Mom cuddles - and became calmer, we sat her on our bed with us.  She was content to sit here, drink her milk and have some comfort time nestled in between Mommy & Daddy.  I put her back in her bed after about ten minutes.  She cried for a while, cries of tiredness and frustration that she was so tied and not asleep, then settled down to sleep.  I have only heard a few murmers off her since.  I am glad she is having a good sleep.

This evening I have cracked on with the Christmas Kitchen Knitting.  I have very nearly finished the second towel.  I have it in my mind to do a cloth or two next.  I want to do one with lacey candy canes in candy cane colours.  After that I might see if I can do a picture one.  Which reminds me, I thought I had all my previous Christmas Knitting, but I can't think where the towels and cloths that I've done before are........


A massive Congratulations!  to my cousin Katy and her husband, Brendon, for the safe arrival of their First Born Son - Archie James.  Born today at 12.16pm, weighing in at 8lb 6oz!  Congratulations and Well Done!! xxxxxx

No comments: