Saturday 10 December 2011

My Brack Recipe

As you know, I made some Brack yesterday, and it was very nice.  I tried a slice this evening with some cheese.  I highly recommend it!!  Below is a generic recipe.

150ml Hot Tea (without the milk)
455g mixed dried fruit
175g demerara sugar
1 egg, beaten
225g self raising flour

Soak the mixed fruit in the tea over night or for 24 hours if you want.  Cover it with a tea towel, or preferably cling film.

Preheat the oven - gas mark 2/160 degrees c

Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin

Once soaked, add the egg, flour and sugar and mix until all is combined

Place the mix in the tin.  Bake for approx 1 - 1hr 20 mins.  Test with a skewer.

Turn out of tin when cool.

I recommend buttering it and having it with a slice of cheese on top!

Enjoy xxxx

No comments: