Tuesday 11 December 2012

Spicy Squash Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

I mentioned yesterday that Mary-Jane (and us) had a bad night Sunday.  This is my cutie pie come Monday teatime.  One minute awake, the next minute, fast asleep.  Couldn't resist it!
001
I am more than thankful that we all had a good night last night.  Mary-Jane and I went to playgroup this morning.  There were only six children there.  MJ had more of a run around and was less clingy than usual.  She seemed more relaxed at snack time, sat at the table, helping herself to the fruit.

I got some baking this afternoon.  I did the frosting this evening.  It almost feels that I am only just slowing down and stopping now.  I am determined to get an hours tv and crocheting before bed.  I also made a big shepherds pie for tea, yummy.  The cupcakes are Spicy Squash cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting.  The recipe is from Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cupcakes.  They are surprisingly very scrummy!  The original recipe uses pumpkin puree and a cream cheese frosting.  I find this frosting when I make it to be too sickly.  I did try to make a brown butter buttercream frosting but burned the butter.  It is a new type of buttercream to me - I must try harder next time!
004

The weather here is still quite cold, bouncing around 1degree.  It is clear and crisp, with a hint of a breeze at times.  The winter sun is very low and very bright.  No rain for a few days - I can put up with this!  There is some snow on the top of the fells.  All very beautiful.

I am still not in the Christmas Spirit.  Hmmph.  It is lurking a littl closer, but not yet on the horizon.

Sylvia - Thank you for the Christmas card - are you still at the same email addy?

No comments: