Friday 7 December 2012

Now Fudge!

I am still liking and munching on my coconut ice.  However I was left with half a tin of condensed milk in the fridge.  I have used it now and made a small-ish amount of chocolate fudge.  I have not attempted to make fudge for donkeys years.  I was always told it was difficult to make, along with toffee.  It is chilling in the fridge.  I used plain chocolate as that was all I have in the cupboard.  Plain is not the first type I would go for.  Maybe next time I may use an electric whisk, we shall see.  I am eager and a little wary of trying it, incase it doesn't come out okay.  I suppose that is something normal when trying new things.  If it does turn out okay (I need more faith in myself at times) then I will try it with a milk chocolate, and I shall try rum and raisin fudge.  Oh and find a recipe for banana fudge.  No, it's banana toffee that I go nuts for, not banana fudge!  Maybe worth a try though?
 
This morning the WI were doing the refreshments for the Egremont Farmers Market.  I could only stay an hour as I had to get back to take Dad to an appointment.  I did notice that on the stall next door, they were selling hanks of Portland aran, from sheep at St Bees, for £8 per 100g.  My tongue was hanging out, espeically as I am knitting with aran at the moment, and well into cabling.
 
Then this afternoon, was the usual Friday trip to Tesco.  Exciting.  There was a bitter wind, coming, literally off the sea.  It has been blowy all afternoon.  The sky over Cold Fell has been as black as a gorilla's dangly bits.  No rain here though!
 
Tomorrow promises to be exciting - Mary-Jane's first Christmas Party in the afternoon and a trip to the library in the morning.  I have requested two books, The Pudding Club's newest book and 'American Baked' - muffins, cakes and brownies.  I'm not sure how long it will be before they arrive.

No comments: