I have made some Banana and Chocolate Chip Flapjack. Yummy scrummy
115g unsalted butter
75g light brown soft sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
350g rolled oats
2 medium size bananas, mashed
100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease and line a shallow 8" square tin with baking parchement
- Put the butter, sugar, syrup and vanilla extract together in a pan and gently heat until melted. Stir in the oats and leave to cool
- Add the mashed bananas and chocolate chips and mix well together
- Put the mix into the tin, level, smooth and press with a back of a spoon
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden. remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes then cut inot pieces. Allow to cool completely in tin before turning out, then cut again with a sharp knife.
Today's baking is the first in my long list of Things I Want To Bake At The Moment.