Friday 14 December 2012

Head full of cold and cables

I've got yet another chesty cold.  Mary-Jane has a cold and a cough as well.  MJ slept slightly better last night.  She awoke twice, about tennish and again around half twelve.  She did eventually settle until her usual waking up time in the morning.  I have been dozing this afternoon.  Both of us are dosed up with paracetamol.  I just can't be bothered to be poorly, it's a pain in the butt.  I have lots of things to do and don't really want to be slowed down.  Amongst other things, I have a list of at least half a dozen things I want to make, and I still have to decorate the christmas cake.
 
I am having a break from my aran jacket.  I didn't realise I needed a break from it.  I have made a prayer shawl for a friend, I finished that last night.  I hope to see my friend soon, to give it to her.  Daft as it sounds, I don't know whether to ring her and ask to drop it off (this may be sensible) as she is awaiting a 'results' phone call.  Perhaps, looking at it, it is the best time to ring her and drop the shawl off.
 
I saw a pattern yesterday on Knitty for a celtic cabled cowl.  It nearly instantly had me wondering what yarn I could make it in.  I have selected a yarn now.  A few days before this, a fb/rav friend posted that she was thinking about doing  Grace Hat.  I rather like the hat and amazingly enough had the right yarn to do it in, so I cast on this evening.  I have one more round to do of the rib before I start on the main body.  I used the same yarn to do a pair of fingerless mitts in January, with a  pattern from the first Jane Austen Knits.  I know another friend would love the cowl, I shall see how I go with it and it may be a belated christmas pressie for her.
 
The sunny winters days are over for a bit - back to lots and lots of rain and wind.  It isn't as bad as I thought it would be, judging from the weather forecasters.  I have been sporting my 'Waking the Dead' hat and cowl.  I made these a couple of years ago, whilst watching a season of Waking the Dead, hence the name.  Take a peek on Rav for the patterns.  I used  Big Softie, a very chunky yarn, so it took no time at all to do and looks good, not to mention keeps me warm!

No comments: