Tuesday 28 August 2012

Bank Holiday Washout

Well!  What a wash out the Bank Holiday Weekend has been!  Near torrential rain most of the day Monday, interspesed with heavy rain.  On Sunday night I went to the Theatre By The Lake in Keswick to see The Last Night Of The Proms, perfomed by The Blackburn and Darwen Brass Band - very good!  I enjoyed it very much.  I saw them last year, and they were even better this year.  Lots of flag waving and singing.
 
Then Sunday night I brewed an almighty nasty bug, a bottom end bug if you get my drift...... I don't know where I got it from.  HK was bad too.  We took it in turns to either be in bed or look after Mary-Jane, with help from Mum.  I felt wretched.  Today I felt much better than yesterday, not quite out of the woods yet.  Tomorrow, all being well.
 
I have managed to do an hours knitting this evening.  I'm working on a cardi for Mary-Jane.  I might try another hour and watch Criminal Minds, I'm well into that at the moment.  Nothing else much to report for the last few days - I'm sure you don't want to hear any more details of my bug.....
 
AuntieAnnInAmerica is due to visit in November..... hurray!

No comments: