Friday, 25 May 2012

Dyeing Results

After posting last night, I got the grumps for the Nemesis Pink.  I decided that if you can't beat em then join em and added a few packs of black cherry (I think).  Then I had a change of heart and pulled the yarn out and fixed it.  This morning I got my old KA out of the barn.  It is about two years past it's best before, but I thought it was worth a go.  I re-soaked the Nemesis Pink and then put it in a dye bath of 500ml water and 4 packs of old Grape.  The colour did take (hurray!) and I have lost the Nemesis Pink.  I like the new colour more, but I don't know if I like it.  I think if it didn't remind me of less successful dyeing ventures of yesteryear, I might like it more.

However, on the upside, I am pleased with how the orange came out.  I wanted a strong orange with pale orange along side it.

I am tempted to do another skein tonight.  Green is on the cards.  I googled KA colour charts and found one with a lovely celery green.  I'd settle for that or a spring green.  What I have got is several packets of old lemon-lime.  I shall probably end up doing it, knowing me.  Once I have got KA sussed, I shall move onto food dyes - the pastes rather than the liquid ones.  By then I shall have to wait to get some more yarn to dye.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Nemesis pink." That's really funny. :)