Saturday 10 November 2012

Pay It Forward

I have been the very lucky recipient of Pay It Forward.  Pay It Forward is where you do an act of kindness to someone, instead of you paying the person back, you pay it forward and do an act of kindness for someone else.  It is a beautiful principle.

Today I had a parcel in the post from a dear, dear friend.  As much as I want to shout it from the rooftops who sent it me, I feel in the main that I shouldn't.  I can't really explain why.  Sometimes kindess needs quiet, sometimes it doesn't.  Lee, Thank yous so much for the parcel, and for your thoughtfulness and kindness.  It is more than appreciated.

In my parcel I had two cans of Pumpkin Puree and a can of evaporated milk, sent all the way from the USA. Auntie Annie aka AnnInAmerica is coming to visit next week.  She will be here for Thankgiving (T-Day).  There is talk of a Thanksgiving Meal.  I wanted to help and asked for T-day desert recipes.  A primary one is Pumpkin Pie.  You can either prepare the pumpkin yourself which takes a couple of hours on it's own, or use a can of pumpkin puree.  I have never in my life seen a can of pumkin puree.  And now I have two.

I am planning to make a pumpkin pie hopefully tomorrow.  Presuming all goes well, I shall do another for Thankgiving.  I think it is a day I may adopt.  For the essence of what it stands for.  I have a Lot to be Thankful for.  Lee is part of this Lot.

No comments: