Tuesday 19 April 2011

New Knitting Club

Yesterday I went to a new (to me) Knitting Club in Whitehaven. It ran for 2 hours in the afternoon. I was welcomed and there was also another lady there for the first time. The club have a stall at the Farmers Market in Egremont and sell their wares there. The monies raised go back into the club. I'm not sure of all the ins and outs of that side of it. Raised funds go towards buying more yarn to make more products and to days out and maybe a Christmas Lunch. Things are also made for Shoe Box appeals.

The ladies seemed interested in my cloths and I said I'd bring some down next time for them to have a look at, as they may be ideal for the stall. They were also interested in my shawl - the Gothic Prague one. These shawls are quick and easy to make, so may also be a contender. I'm not really sure what sells on the stall and what doesn't - all in good time.

The ladies invited me to go to Zumba with them, on a different day. A couple go to Yoga, before the group. It's also held in the same building. I was given some yarn that had been purchased at a car boot - Wendy Capri, very similar to Sirdar Tiny Tots. At the moment I'm thinking of making a small shoulder shawl, neck scarf. I've found a pattern, but must finish the cloths first!

No comments: