Thursday 13 May 2010

Gothic Prague Shawl & Gifts for Baby

Yesterday I spent the day at Carols, a very enjoyable and relaxing day, as ever! Not to mention the box of choccie biccies on the table! I was determined to finish my Gothic Prague shawl, with just under two balls to go, this seemed achieveable. I called it 'Gothic Prague' for two reasons. Firstly, when I started it in March, I was watching 'Most Haunted Gothic Prague'; and secondly, it's in purple and black - tres goth! The stitch is simple - half a granny square. It did start life as a 3/4 square, but it didn't quite work out how I anticipated, so it got frogged and I went for the original half square. I used a 15mm hook. It took 8 50g balls of Katia Surprise, which I got from Yarn Gathering of Stone. I will try and get better photos as this one doesn't really give it justice. But I took the photo at 07:30 and there was no-one around to help take photos! So it's draped over the end of the chicken run, it did get investigated for eating properties but failed on that front - thankfully!

Linda gave me a set of mittens and bootees for Baby - so pretty and soft! I was over the moon with them! I can't wait to use them, Baby will look a toff, a very warm, pretty toff!


No comments: