Monday 10 August 2009

Ziggy

This is 'Ziggy' by Woolly Wormhead. It is the next intalment of my very new knitted hat collection! I have been toying with this pattern for a short while now. I was going to cast on 'Cambria', a shawl, but...... that will be the next project to run along side numerous cloths for swaps! I can't wait to start that, but shall tell you all about that and the special yarn I shall be doing it in, in another post..... I digress.....


Ziggy is being done on 4.5mm needles, named 'Purple Heart' all the way from Books, Yarn & More in Montana, USA. They do awesome needles, take a look! I got the yarn from Joyce Cook at WonderWool Wales 2009 (unfortunately I don't have a link), the yarn is hand dyed. It is DK although the pattern states Worsted weight, I may have to jiggle things, I shall have to see when I get closer to the end!!
It's an enjoyable pattern to do. It is done on a pair of straights with a few short rows thrown in for good measure. I shall keep an eye on Ms Wormhead and her work. The pattern is available on Ravelry and Knit On The Net. Hopefully It shouldn't be too long before it's finished!!

No comments: