Tuesday 2 June 2009

Fed Up

In a couple of recent posts, I've mentioned that I'm fed up and/or am need of cheering up. I thought I'd better mention why. Three weeks ago this Thurday, there was a fire at the place where I work. I attended the fire. I and five other members of staff, were taken to hospital by ambulance to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation. I was on oxygen for two hours, had a nebuliser, bloods taken and and ECG. Since then I've had an inflammed trachea. Since then I've been off work with no pay.

This has effected by breathing and my speech. Luckily it hasn't effected my asthma. In reality it has knocked me about a bit and quite sapped my energy. I am on the mend, too slowly for my own liking. I want to get back to work, but still can't speak properly, have slight pain in my chest and shortness of breath on exertion.

Bit of a bugger to say the least really!

Oh and yes, the fire was set purposefully.

No comments: