Thursday 23 April 2009

Job Application Musings, Seeing Clearly vs Seeing Woolly & Chooks and Garden Update

It's mid week, well Thursday, just past mid week. I'm working this afternoon and at the hairdressers this morning. I'm also hoping to get a couple of letters written this morning. Not to mention the housework.......


I'm feeling a little frustrated about a recent job application. I went to interview a few weeks ago. I had an email yesterday stating that I was successful at the selection event and my application will be progressing and HR will be intouch to confirm the next stage of the application process. WTF?! I'd want to read between the lines and think this is a conditional offer pending clearances and references - but it doesn't say it is. Or is it just the language I'm not used to? It's certainly not the usual NHS/Healthcare Jargon. I just don't know whether to get excited or not! Although I do think there is room for a little excitement. On the flip side of it, if I had another job offer, then I would be sorely tempted to go for that one as this one seems longwinded and the application process not clear. At this stage of events a conditional offer should be made, but is this just a process that is unfamiliar to me as I haven't worked for this company before and undoubtedly has it's own 'language'.

WonderWool Wales 2009 is looking rather like WonderWool Wales 2010 for me. On Saturday I went to have my eyes tested as I've had a few visual disturbances. £22 for the test seemed a snip, I even paid an extra £10 to have a digital image taken of my retina's. Which in turn suggested I might have high blood pressure. So the upshot of it is - my eyes are straining and I'm starting to be longsighted. I don't need glasses to correct my vision but might in 4 years (happy 45th birthday!). However I do need glasses to help with the strain. £22 became £240 and WonderWool Wales 2009 became WonderWool Wales 2010!

On a plus note, I'm on a promise for a couple more chooks on Saturday! The girls are doing well at the moment. They are having extra grit, mainly because little Roast is not eating enough grit and has tried to lay a couple of soft shelled eggs. Guess had a bad night a couple of nights ago and had an off day, but she's back to normal now.

Things are sprouting in the garden. The early potatoes are starting to put in an appearance, as are the radishes, beetroot and lettuce. The courgette seedlings are doing well - anyone want a couple?! My fenugreek seeds are a bit dodgy, but the smell is nice! I hung my uniform to dry near them and I smelled of fenugreek when I wore it....... I have one jalapeno seedling and five or six of the other variety. The rhubarb is doing grand - rhubarb pie at the weekend I think in a sweet pastry perhaps, hhmm.

Knitting? Not had much (read 'any') time for that this week so far. I'm still working on my Stolen Moments Wrap. I started the Mystery Shawl from Lets Knit on Monday. I need to get cracking on a couple of cloths for a Round Robin - work for this weekend, in between worring about my new chooks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi ceris

Could do with some courgette seddlings if you have any left - will pick them up at knittarati next week please.
Thanks Julie

CarpeDyem said...

No problem! How many do you want??!!

Unknown said...

five or six if you have them please
see you on wednesday