Tuesday 2 September 2008

Saturday Night at the Kings Arms

I'm trying to get back on track with blogging, and squeezing in time to be here! I'm thinking ''what have I got to write about"?! Loads I suppose, I've always got something to talk about!


I've had two long days at work (07.30 - 21.15 is long in my books!). This was preceeded by a very sleepless noisy night on Saturday. Saturday evening was lovely. HobbitKeeper and I spent the evening in the garden, had tea out there (dry roasted veg and a cheese escolope, followed by strawberries and cream, yum yum), then went to bed about 10ish ready for a busy week.


Once in bed all we could hear was noise from the pub across the road. It's usually a very quiet pub on a queit street, an 'old mans' pub, where you go for a drink and to talk to people. Well, the noise was made by lots of people stood outside the pub, talking loudlyand bloody singing. Okay I thought, they will calm soon. Wrong. They carried on and carried on and carried on some more. Getting louder. Me getting growlier.


Just after 1AM it all erupted, the inevitable fight and all the noise that ensues. It was the Landlord fighting with someone. Did I mention that I didn't recognise anyone outside the pub ( I looked several times!). The police arrived, not that they appeared to be overly good at quelling the situation or dispersing people. Then an ambulance arrived as someone inside had collapsed.


By 2Am, the student across the road, the other names I have for him are definitely not polite, decided to plug his bass into his amp and start playing it so loud that it drowned the sound of the drunks outside the pub. By this point I was sat on the side of the bed, holding my head, frustrated, tired and nearly in tears, no sleep and with the prospect of getting up in just over three hours.


HobbitKeeper and I got dressed (did I mention that HK was really not in a good mood at all?!) HK went across the road and banged on the students door and shouted 'OI Jimmy Paige, knock it off!' and a few other non-repeatable words. The bass got turned down quiet, but not completely off.


The noise outside the pub started to hush down by half two.


When I came home Sunday Night, the landlord was outside the pub, looking worse for wear, with two women, talking to a third in a car, about the events of the night before and how he'd been wronged. I was ready to explode. Normally its a wave and a 'hello', but I had all on not to go and give him a piece of my mind. I held off. Not worth having a go at someone who's drunk and got an audience. My time will come. And I shall look forward to it.

No comments: