Friday 12 September 2008

Knitting and Stitching Show, NEC

I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show at the NEC Yesterday. Despite there being varied stands there, I went primarily for the knitting side of things. I was a little disappointed that there was not more knitting and knitting related stands. I did enjoy what was there and spent a small fortune to boot. I enjoyed looking at the Seamans project hats, wonderful and creative hats they were, although I think if any sailors wore a couple of them, then they would have to have had a good sense of humour!

I did a workshop on Creative Knitting. This was knitting a sample square using two different yarns, ribbon, wire and some beads. It's something I could have done at home, but hey now, I can say I've knitted with wire, beads and ribbon!

I purchased five balls of sock yarn, yes five.... ten balls of Debbie Bliss 'Soho' earmarked for felting, a book about felted bags and a Pair of Extreme Knitting Needles.

These needles are 24mm and are 700mm long. Not for the fainthearted. Today I want to gather yarn to have a play with these needles. At least ten threads of yarn at a time. I at last see a Stash Buster for all those balls of novelty yarns! I purchased them from Rachel John. The rugs and throws she had on display were amazing! So watch this space!

The ladies from Knit'n'Caboodle were vey helpful, approachable and chatty, so a big thumbs up to you!

I came home quite tired, luckily I wasn't driving, but oh my! the M6 and the M42 were, well shall we just say there had been a major accident requiring the air ambulance, so it took about three hours to get 3o odd miles. That's the M6 on a bad day and I hope all involved in the accident are healing.

No comments: