Friday 4 June 2010

EZ Baby Surprise Jacket

Whilst I was in the throes of having my nasty cold, I had a rare thought. I was planning what to do for my next project. The Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket, was the only clear contender. I thought I must be running a temperature to be even thinking about doing this, never mind actually tackling it. But no, this is what I wanted to do......

I've done one before, a couple of years ago, at a workshop. Then I didn't really have my head around the best use and potential of stitch markers, hence my increases and decreases didn't quite line up.....

Time has passed now. Confidently I cast on. Confidently I carried on - and thoroughly enjoyed doing it! So much so, that the day after I finished it, I cast on another, with thoughts of doing another!! Stunning! So this is the EZ Baby Surprise Jacket. I'd recommend the pattern to anyone. It's a lot easier to do than what I originally thought. With minimal sewing up, which is a bonus to most people! I just need to sew buttons on, I've got some pretty ones for this. I used Sirdar Snuggly Kisses, it's very soft and knits up well.

No comments: