Monday 4 May 2009

Rhinog, glasses and cookie mixes!

The saying goes that owners grow to look like their dogs - here Rhinog is trying to look like his Dad.... This has quickly become one of my favourite pictures of Rhinog!

I did a spot of baking yesterday. For the first time ever, that I can think of, I used packet mixes. And I shall certainly use them again. It doesnt't detract in the slightest from my own baking skills - they are just so damned quick and convenient! So here is a plateful of mini toffee cookies and Mini Bannoffee Muffins. After two cups of tea, there wasn't many left at all!

Over Easter Weekend I had another go at Crochet. The pattern was a bit challenging for me as a novice, but once you'd got your head round it, it was quite simple and straight forward. Shame I didn't use the right size hook! I did frog it, but with the knowledge that I can do it! I used a mercerised cotton in pinks and whites, which I do wonder whether it lends itself to crochet or not - I'm going with not particularly! I have since acquired a similar colour way in Opal Sock yarn. So I will have another go at doing this. When it's complete it will be a shawl.

As mentioned earlier, on another post, I recently had my eyes tested. My eyes are straining, so I have to wear glasses to take this strain away. The glass of wine is optional!




Yours truly with new glasses!





2 comments:

paula said...

My, My Miss Carpe,

How intellegent you look with your new glases. I hope the world looks better now. They aren't rose colored, are they?

CarpeDyem said...

The world does look better - especially when rose tinted! ;-) They are pink framed though and certainly help a lot when driving!