Monday 30 March 2009

Leaping forward into spring and getting the first planting of the season done!

Sunday was spent in the garden. It was a beautiful spring day and we did the first of the planting. Hobbitkeeper doing the First Earlies - potatoes to you and me! Me planting the courgettes in the Potting Shed. Although I knew what I was doing I was under strict supervision.........

How sweet is the first crop of the year??!! Me sampling the first cane of Rhubarb. This had been forced under a cloche and away from pecking chooks! The taste was like nothing on earth! The sweetness I've not tasted in rhubarb in a very long time. Without stating the obvious, I could taste the freshness of it, scrumptious! I had it dipped in sugar (how young did I feel eating it?!) a thing that shall always remind me of my Grandma x


Here is Sage. She is recouperating from frostbite in her comb. She is slowly getting better as we were very close to loosing her. Everyday she is getting a bit stronger, so fingers crossed she makes a full recovery!

Giving the chooks a head start on the worm hunt! Like I have any choice, digging without finding a chook on the end of your fork or spade is an impossibility! Here are The Three Muscka-chickens - Radar, Guess and Roast.

HobbitKeeper giving Guess a bit of fuss.

HobbitKeeper having a well earned break, sat on top of the chicken run!

Me preparing the tilth, ready to plant beetroot and lettuce









No comments: