Sunday 6 November 2011

Sunday and Inspiration

Mary-Jane seems to have caught my cold.  She has had a watery eye and a bit of a runny nose.  She has not wanted much sleep at all though during the day, perhaps 20 minutes altogether.  We gave her some calpol in the afternoon and that seemed to hit the mark, and she seemed to settle after that.  Lots of cuddles all round.  Five consecutive episodes of Waybuloo was also calming - on her and me!

Despite that, I did manage to spend a little time in the kitchen.  I made tomato soup and a carrot cake.  We had some fresh carrots for tea, that we got from Gubergill, these were lovely.  Following on from this, I watched two episodes of River Cottage Veg and now I'm getting fired up all over again to get the garden growing fruit and veg and to do tons and tons of cooking and baking!

I've also been inspired by a new book and magazine.  The book is The Hairy Bikers - Perfect Pies.  I've never been a huge fan of the hairy bikers, but I will now watch them a bit more often.  If you like proper food and PIES, get this book and use it!

The other source of inspiration - and ooohs and aaahs - as well as 'do I have the yarn for that?' is Interweaves new magazine - 'Jane Austen Knits'.  All the projects are inspired by the literary works of Jane Austen.  I quite like Jane Austen.  I have never known a knitting magazine make me want to read a novel.  The projects in the magazine are gorgeous and some are even jaw dropping.  Highly recommended.

Must dash now - I want to be settled on the sofa with a cuppa and a slice of carrot cake for when the season finale of Downton Abbey starts - oh and to have my knitting to hand (bet you could guess that though!).

No comments: