Spicy Cinnamon Apple Bundt
250g plain (all purpose) flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 - 1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
200g caster sugar
350g apple sauce/puree
2 tbsp treacle
- Preheat oven to 180c/gm4. Grease and flour a fluted or straight sided bundt tin (tube pan)
- Sift flour, bicarb, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Set aside
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the apple sauce and treacle
- Gradually add flour to mix and beat well to moisten. Fold in sultanas
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for approx 45 minutes, test with skewer. Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out to cool on wire rack
I used a teaspoon of allspice and found that, as nice as it was, it over powered the cinnamon. You could try just cinnamon, or use ground cloves instead of the allspice. Have a play.
I could have done with turning the temp down by 10 or maybe 20 degrees c and keeping in for another five minutes or so. Knowing your oven is always good!
I suppose a different cake pan could be used, baking times may need to be adjusted
I used a 6 1/4" bundt tin