Wednesday 30 January 2013

Spicy Cinnamon Apple Bundt

Roll of drums....... I have baked today!  A spicy cinnamon apple bundt.  It is the first time (that I can remember) using a proper bundt tin.  I have used a silicone one with disasterous results when it came to turning out.  This one about flew out of the pan.  It has a warm spicy taste to it.  I need to tweak the baking time to suit the size of the tin and the oven, for next time.  It's on my Make Again List.  Try it out for yourself!

005

Spicy Cinnamon Apple Bundt

250g plain (all purpose) flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 - 1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
200g caster sugar
100g butter
350g apple sauce/puree
2 tbsp treacle
150g sultanas
  1. Preheat oven to 180c/gm4.  Grease and flour a fluted or straight sided bundt tin (tube pan)
  2. Sift flour, bicarb, cinnamon, allspice and salt.  Set aside
  3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Mix in the apple sauce and treacle
  4. Gradually add flour to mix and beat well to moisten.  Fold in sultanas
  5. Pour into prepared tin. 
  6. Bake in pre-heated oven for approx 45 minutes, test with skewer.  Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out to cool on wire rack
Notes
I used a teaspoon of allspice and found that, as nice as it was, it over powered the cinnamon.  You could try just cinnamon, or use ground cloves instead of the allspice.  Have a play.

I could have done with turning the temp down by 10 or maybe 20 degrees c and keeping in for another five minutes or so.  Knowing your oven is always good!

I suppose a different cake pan could be used, baking times may need to be adjusted

I used a 6 1/4" bundt tin

No comments: