Sunday 6 January 2013

Knitting Musing

Another house day, due to the weather.  Mary-Jane and I did some baking, we made princess cakees.  Princess because there are disney princesses on the box.  We had fun and the cakees came out well.
 
I have been trying to match yarn to patterns.  I cast on some Jaeger Celeste to make a vest type top.  It got frogged on the third row.  I don't like knitting with it, it came out really tight.  Best quit with that whilst I'm ahead.  I have someone in mind to offer it to.  It's not often at all that I try to re-home yarn, but this one has to go.  One of my stumbling blocks with doing the matching, is that I don't know if I have enough yarn to complete the project.  Always a bit of a problem.  Perhaps I shall leave these proposed projects for when I am feeling a little more maverick.  I was thinking of frogging a cardi I made four or five years ago, re-knit it and give it a new lease on life.  The jury is still out and the cardi is still complete.  Cloth knitting will continue at present but I'm getting a little bored and need a change.  I need to get thinking quickly!  I may give the EZ three lace shawl another go, or even one of the other shawls.  However I do need a 'TV' project on the go soonish.

No comments: