I have finished my very first Crochet Hat!! I'm very pleased with it. It is a little big, so I will have to tie some of my hair back to create a bit of volume and secure it with hair grips. It's not as loose as it sounds, and I don't like my hats to be tight especially over the forehead. You can't see the shaping so well in this picture. I tried taking a few photos of me wearing it, but they were not overly successful, so I used the blender unit from the kenwood as a model.
I used Rowan Tapestry and a 5mm hook. It is all done in double crochet - dc - I don't know if that is the same or not in US terminology.