Wednesday 30 November 2011

Instant Gratification Knitting aka Keeping A Lazy Knitter Happy!

I have completed my top secret project that I decided to do a night or two ago.  I can't do the big reveal as it's going to be a gift for a friend and she doesn't know about it yet.  When I finished it early this evening I wanted to do a cowl or a neckwarmer to go with my new Colinette Hat.  It was a toss up between two patterns - Extra Chunky Neck Warmer or The Eleventh Hour Cowl.  I was leaning much more to the Cowl, then the Neck Warmer yelled at me and I cast that one on.  I do want to do the Cowl, but another time.  I've put the links through to Ravelry, as I really don't know where I stand making direct links to peoples free patterns.

I made the neck warmer in the Rowan Big Wool on 12mm needles.  It took 65g (measured in 5g intervals).  So I have some left over.  I cast on another neck warmer thinking that I could let in the surplus colinette, but there wasn't enough colinette to even do this.  The Warmer complements my Colinette Hat in every way - and it took no time at all to do!  I've not taken a photo of it as it's black and I don't beleive it will show very well at all in a photo.  I need to find a button for it and have a few ideas where I could locate an ideal one.

Tomorrow I shall start knitting some Christmas Vintage Hand Towels.

Oh and if you were wondering - I haven't yet purchased any beeswax sheets.  HK was pleased that I didn't.  However, after explaining how I felt yesterday, he suggested that I buy some sugarcraft books on his behalf, for Christmas and they can be my Christmas Present from him.  How understanding, patient and supportive of him is that?!  Lucky Me!

No comments: