Monday 16 April 2012

Shizuku And Winter Apple

I had a few hours out this afternoon and went to Woodlands Cafe for the Knitting group.  We are doing well on numbers - ten today.  I gave M her belated birthday present, she liked it.  In the end I did not block it.  My thoughts were that M could block it to how long she wants it, plus I think it may stretch a bit with wearing.  Next time I will do it on a bigger needle.  The pattern is called 'Shizuku', it is designed by Angela Tong, and can be found for free on Ravelry.  I used Noro Kureyon, nearly two balls, out of my stash - another Stash Busting Project completed.

 The edging is called shape is called teardrops.  In all it is a quick, simple and fun project to do.  And like so many patterns that I like, it can be adapted to different yarns in principle, with a bit of jiggery pokery.
This is Winter Apple Shawl.  It is designed by Erica Jackofsky.  I did want to get a picture of me wearing it outside but time didn't permit today, so her it is, over-lit, on the back of the sofa.  I used James C Brett Marble Chunky.  My first non-stash busting project of the year.
Work continues on Lydia Crescent Shawl.  I got my mitts on the new Knit mag today, I've had a quick look through and am inspired by a couple of things in there, they are not my usual inspirations though!

No comments: