Saturday 28 April 2012

Adult Surprise Jacket


I have started an Elizabeth Zimmerman Adult Surprise Jacket for myself.  I've wanted to do one of these for a quite a few years.  I am using Robin DK, which is an acrylic yarn.  I've got four shades of purple, as you can see.
I'm working the sixth ridge here.  This was last night.  I'm on the tenth now.  The more I do the more I like it.  I've got a good feeling about this.

I thought today about doing a multi coloured stripey one for Mary-Jane with similar colours as her chicken cardi.  I shall think on it and see what colours I can get my hands on next time I'm in Whitehaven.  I can see it in my minds eye.  There will be plenty of yarn left to do at least two tops or card's for her, if I do go ahead with this.


For my ASJ, I cast on 405 stitches.  Already the rows don't seem too long.  It is a pattern that I like alot.  I have made Mary-Jane about four of these jackets.

2 comments:

Luneray said...

Nice colors!

CarpeDyem said...

Thank you! The dolours do work well together and the more I do, the more I like it. To me it's a bit 70's......