Friday 1 March 2013

Lemon Curd Butterfly Cake

Within the space of 24 hours, I fell on two recipes for Lemon Curd Butterfly Cakes.  I was hooked, I had to make a batch.  The results were good.  HK took the photos, I think they are very professional.  he is quite getting into photography.  I said what I was looking for in the end image, and he worked the magic. I had my little Assistant Baker helping me, she thoroughly loved baking them as much as I loved baking them with her.

Lemon Curd Butterfly Cakes
Makes 12-14
  • 175g butter
  • 175g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp  vanilla essence
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 175g plain flour
Filling
  • 250ml double cream, whipped
  • 100ml lemon curd
  • icing sugar for dusting

011
  1. Preheat the oven to 180c, gm 4.  Put the paper cases in a bun tin
  2. Cream the butter and sugar until pale, light and fluffy
  3. Add the vanilla essence, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well
  4. Combine the flour and baking powder then combine this with the batter
  5. Divide into 12 - 14 cases.  Bake for 15 minutes until light golden brown and well risen, then leave to cool
  6. Cut off the tops of the cakes, then cut the tops in half to make the butterfly wings
  7. Combine the whipped cream with the lemon curd, just enoguh to give a marble effect
  8. Pipe the cream onto the cakes, place the wings on then dust with icing sugar.
016

No comments: