Butter Bean Crumble
A quick, light-ish lunch for 1 or a side dish for two.
- 1 can butter beans (about 400g predrained or so)
- 2 pieces of brown toast, in crumbs
- 1/2 200g pack of flavoured Philly
- Rinse the butter beans and put in a pan of simmering water to cook for a few minutes
- Toast the bread then process it into crumbs
- When the beans have simmered for around 4 minutes, take off heat and drain
- Mash approx 1/3 of the butter beans with a fork. Mix this with the philly
- Combine the mashed beans with the whole beans gently, then place in a shallow heat proof dish
- Top with the toast crumbs, then put under a hot grill to flash grill a bit more, till it browns to taste.