Friday 18 June 2010

The Sock Bug May Finally Be Nibbling At Me!

The sock bug may finally be nibbling at me! I've waited a long time for this! Not to mention been given and bought copious amount of sock yarn in preparation for this moment....... HK yet again asked if I'd make him some socks. This request managed to filter through places of my brain that other requests had failed to reach. So on Wednesday, at Carol's, it all started....... Linda helped me cast on - magic loop method. I had learned this technique before, but not used it for quite a while, well since my last foray into attempting to make a sock. Linda again then showed me the best way to do a sock increase. Joan and others gave me much encouragement. I was off and away! I must admit that 'the tongue of concentration' was out for a short while, till I'd got the hang of the cast on!

So here is what I've done so far - the sock addiction is not far behind the nibbling either. I've not been able to put it down!

The socks were going to be a surprise for HK for his birthday - to be presented whether finished or not - but I was too excited and couldn't wait that long. I made the announcement that evening. HK was highly delighted! He has had a fitting that night and last night, with much approval. He likes the yarn as well. He said to use something out of my stash, even when warned that I didn't have anything plain black or similar and that colour may be involved. I found the red and black - very Dennis The Mennace! I wasn't sure how the colour change would come out as the red bits are slightly longer than the black - random zigzags! It would be interesting to see how it turns out on a smaller size (like one that would fit me!) I have quite a few balls of it. I got it quite a while ago, from Ebay, from a place somewhere in the region of China or Hong Kong.

If I do a pair for me (ever the ambitious knitter, me!) then I will have to do a pair for Baby!

No comments: