Thursday 10 June 2010

The Sheilero

The Sheilero is a shrug/wrap/bolero. It was originally named 'Shrugalero' of something similar. But the only person who could pronounce this new name, was Sheila, at Knitterati. We soon decided to call it the 'Sheilero' as that is soooo much easier to say! The original pattern was bought to Knitterati and was soon adapted and several versions have been made.

I gave in to temptation and got four balls of Noro Silk Garden to make mine. I had been tempted to this yarn for a week. A whole week!! I am still tempted to some Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn, there is a beautiful colour way with my name all over it! I suppose it's my treat to do something that is for me rather than Baby.

I've cast on another EZ Surprise Jacket, with the promise to myself that when I finish this one that I won't cast on another the next day! I'm doing this one in Tiny Tots, in stripes. Linda gave me the yarn, it's very pretty and is looking good already, and I'm on 7 ridges. I was doing it yesterday and fell foul of too much natter and not knitting. I was on the increase 9 on each end for the cuff fullness, and increased where I should have decreased. A row later, tink, tink, tink. I did resist the urge to make my knitting airborne. I had to tink. The thought of frogging a row and a half then picking up all those stitches, filled me with dread.

It was at that point that I had decided to treat myself to the Noro. It didn't take much!!! I've only done about ten rows, so when it is grown more (or finished, depending on how long it takes me to do!), I'll post the pattern and a picture.

No comments: