Saturday 4 October 2008

The First Socks

I finished my first pair of socks on Wednesday, at Knitterati! I'm chuffed to bits with them. The nest time I do this particular pattern, I shall adjust it slightly. The leg parts are loose, but not quite sloppy joes and the foot part could do with being lightly smaller, but I love them and they have hardly been off my feet! In fact I'm wearing them right now!



They are comfy and quite warm. The yarn is Noro Kureyon sock yarn. The pattern is specifically for the yarn and was a free one from Yarn Market. I landed very lucky with the colour repeats as they are only about a quarter of an inch out!

I'm itching to start another pair - these will be toe up ones. I have to finish a pair of mittens that I started on Wednesday, I'm already half way through the second one. Then I have a bag to do for someone at work and do something hand made for a Swap on Ravelry.
The yarn for the mittens is Noro Cash Island and it is sooo soft! I think I shall definitely be using this yarn again!!

2 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

Hooray! Well done girl! Hope this means you are addicted?!

CarpeDyem said...

Am working on the addiction and second pair of socks!!!