Wednesday 15 October 2008

Apple Cosy

Yesterday I went to an extra Knitterati, to knit food related items to sell for charity. I chose to make and apple cosy. I thought it was a fab idea to start off with. I wasn't quite to happy with the finished article, although I do need to sew the leaf on and make sure the bobble closure resembles a bobble! I will do another, perhaps a bit bigger. I also want to try a Banana Cosy. If I have any success, they will be photographed and dislplayed!

I got some Noro Cash Island as well. I couldn't help it. I got the same colour to do a beanie hat, scark and gloves and a different colourway to do a pair of socks with. Enough to keep me more than busy, as usual.

Today is a day off. Quite a few little jobs to do, pay the Council Tax, do housework, and gather things together for the swap on Ravelry. I've sent off for a couple of items form China, so I hope they get here before the posting on dead line, otherwise it will be apologetic emails!

2 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

I have seen another blogger make one of these. It turned out great. Now after reading your post I want to make one too!

CarpeDyem said...

I think the idea is still good - i think I like the quirky novelty cum practical-ness of them. I might try another in trusty P&C, if I have the colour in my stash!!