Tuesday 14 October 2008

An Autumn Sunday Afternoon in the Garden

Sunday afternoon I spent in the Garden. It was a beautiful autumn day, really quite warm with a light breeze. I find it incredibley relaxing being in the garden, having some fresh air. HobbitKeeper pulled the first of the parnsips. It didn't take long before they were washed and in a roasting tin with some spuds and onions! Accompanied by Yorkshire Pudding, leeks carrots and gravy. I could eat it all again now! So this is me showing off the parsnips.


The Girls are doing fine at the moment. Radar is moulting round her necks and she looks like something has had hold of her, if you didn't know any better! I'm not sure if Roast, Guess and Radar are Line Dancing, or waiting very patiently in line for the Sunday Buffet of potato, corn and mash!!
I spent most of the afternoon writing letters, sat here. In the foreground you may notice a mug of tea and a plate with crumbs of Pineapple and Banana Loaf! I think the letter I was actually writing at this point was to Luneray.


This is the view down the garden, from where I was sat, although I did stand to take the photo... The garden is starting to look a little bare, now we've had most of the produce. I think all that is still growing is the leeks and parsnips. And the beetroot, but I think that's had it! The fushias are in full bloom and the acer is a gorgeous blood red colour. It quite catches your eye from a distance! Unfortunately you can't really see it in this photo hahaha!


Rhinog and Ted also enjoyed the sunshine, both were flat out for a bit. Rhinog wanted to tell me all about his afternoon, and this is him in the back door, talking to me, in a way that only dogs do, and is sooo cute! And yes I do talk back to him in 'dog' although it's a little difficult to write, dog talk is definitely a spoken language rather than written!







4 comments:

Two Hands Caricaturist and 1 cut 2 pieces Silhouette Artist said...

Interesting photos and great lifestyle. You doggy seems saying hello in the photo! Haahaa!

CarpeDyem said...

Thank you! You must know a couple of words in 'dog' hahaha! He is a very friendly dog.

cinnamongirl93 said...

Cool parsnips! They are one of my very favorites! Yummy! I love them cooked and mashed with butter!
Looks like your weather was as nice as ours this past weekend. Enjoy!

CarpeDyem said...

I love them roasted! And also mashed with potatoes and butter, then put under the grill to brown off!