Sunday 3 February 2013

Gull Baby Blanket Finished & White Chocolate Brownies

 I am continuing to gather strength and to busy myself.  Yesterday we went out shopping (only round the supermarkets, nothing to get excited about) for the afternoon.  I was shattered when we got back in.  And we popped out briefly this afternoon.  I managed to do some baking as well - white chocolate brownies - more of this in a bit.
 
At tea time, Mary-Jane said she was cold and wanted to wear a scarf, not a cardi, jumper or coat, but a scarf.  I produced my Green Apple scarf and she was highly delighted.  I put it on her, and she kept it on till bedtime.  I shall rummage out some yarn that is suitable for her and make her one.
 
002

003
I have finished the Gull Baby Blanket.  I am very pleased with the outcome.  Tomorrow I start the Tulip Cardi.  With this blanket, I found it seemed to take a while to get going with it, then when I did, whoosh!  It seemed to put itself together and finishing it took no time.
004
The lace pattern is taken from Elizabeth Zimmemans Knitters Almanac.  It was put into a blanket by Ingrid Aartun Boe - Pine Forest Baby Blanket on Ravelry.  It is a four row repeat, with two rows being good ole purl all the way.
005

White Chocolate Brownies

250g Caster Sugar
100g butter
100g ready made caramel (Carnation Caramel)
100g white chocolate
2 eggs
200g self raising flour
2       ripe sliced bananas
  1. Preheat oven to 160 fan, 180c, gas 4. Line a 20cm square tin.
  2. Melt caster sugar, butter, caramel and chocolate together until smooth
  3. Cool a little, then add the eggs
  4. Fold in the flour, then the bananas
  5. Pour into the tin and bake for 45-50 mins till risen and set.
I am using a fan oven, I found 45 minutes a bit too much, a few minutes less will be better next time.  It tastes good, give it a go!

No comments: