Wednesday 14 November 2012

My First Sugarcraft Flowers Celebration Cake

I had been volunteered to decorate the Birthday cake for Beckermet WI, for it's 86th birthday celebrations this evening.   As I pretty much had carte blanche on design, there was an overwhelming amount of things I wanted to do and try out, or that I had the opportunity to try out.  In the end I decided to go with my original idea (isn't it always the way!) of using the flowers that I had made in Sugarcraft Class.  I had missed the class last week when everything was put together, so I had to wing it a bit try to remember what little I knew of flower arranging.  It is only the second time I have put together a display of flowers - the first without any guidance!  I think I did quite well and I was very pleased with the result.  HK says I should be proud of what I have done.

Orchids, Bouvardia and Veronica.  I did put the cake on a lilac cake plate at the venue.
010

011

016

I can't take credit for the photos - HK took them!  The cake was well recieved and I had many complements

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a beautiful cake. I've never tried flowers - they always look so delicate and fiddly. Sorry I haven't been in touch for ages - life does have a habit of getting in the way! Will email soon. x

CarpeDyem said...

Thank you! The flowers are a bit fiddly and can be time consuming, but well worth the effort. Hope all is well with you!