Wednesday 6 July 2011

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

My WI Life Magazine arrived in the post day before yesterday. In it, was a recipe for Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes. The recipe was taken from their newest cake cookbook. I had to make them.
Basically the sponge is your basic sponge. The alternative sponges could be huge. So once you've made your batter, you put it in the cone and into the oven for around 20 mins. The cones are the ones that are flat on the bottom, and are just placed in the muffin tin.
Then once they are cooked and cooled, it's time to get the icing bag out. I've not used an icing bag before, well I may have been allowed a go when I was knee high to a grasshopper, but that doesn't really count. The icing bag was easier than what I thought it would be. I shall be practicing with the bag a lot more. I've been put off some cake recipes due to using a bag. Not anymore!
The cakes are finished off with a rolled crispy thing. I wouldn't recommed the crispy thing unless the cakes are to be eaten on the day. The
recipe uses flakes, perhaps a similar chocolate can
be used. The crispy things don't stay crispy come the next day.
Here is a close up of the novelty cakes. Highly recommended!

No comments: