I have finished the first pair of soakers! I really enjoyed doing them and am planning to do more! I used Sirdar Snuggly Kisses. Okay so it's acrylic rather than wool, so I shall see how they go, at least they should wash well! I've not done any ribbing on the leg holes, perhaps will do on the next pair and have a play around with size, thickness of yarn etc. The size I have done is for New Born. They do look small to me - am more used to my size of bloomers than Baby sizes!
I have found a few other patterns about the place, including a couple in a 1940's/50's vintage pattern book, which look quite cute! As well as re-exploring what is on Ravelry. I did find a very groovy pair of leggins with a monster on the bum!! When I picked the pattern, I wanted to use the simplest one I could find (on Ravelry). I now have a very heavy cold, which means I'm wheezing and my chest is bubbling with every breath. Lying down and sleeping is not fun. I know I am disturbing HK at night and he is very worried about my health at the moment.
So the simple pattern took two days of knitting to do. Whilst being able to to concentrate only on the simplest of things to knit, I mused about doing, then decided to do, an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket. I must have been running a temperature as well!! I have done a jacket before, a couple of years ago.
I have now cast it on and have about finished the first lot of decreases. I am still using a lot of blind faith with the pattern, it doesn't particularly look like the other one I did. I shall persevere and not panic! I am hoping that I will have enough yarn left over to make a simple soaker, maybe.