Wednesday 24 September 2008

Carol's 60th Birthday

On Friday it was Carol's 60th Birthday Party. Carol hosts The Knitterati in her home. It is a beautiful place, relaxing and therapeutic.

For some months I have been organising a Friendship Blanket for her. All the squares are made by members of the Knitterati - knitted, gathered and crocheted together (by Linda) in total secrecy. I'm really pleased with the Blanket! It truly reflects everyone's skills and tastes in such a unique way. The theme of the Blanket was 'Carol' - any colour, any stitch that she inspired you. The squares are 9" x 9" and there are 60 in total, one for each of her years. There are a couple of late entry squares and I shall see if I can make a cushion cover with them for Carol.



At the Party, Carol laid on a wonderful lunch, followed by strawberries and cream, then followed by Birthday Cake with candles that spelled her name. I went outside to eat my strawbs, this is the view.
In case you're wondering why my feet are in the picture, this is where I was sat, enjoying all!


This is the room where The Knitterati is held, well about two thirds of it. Fabulous!

The day was a really beautiful day. A gathering of women, sharing a passion for knitting and their friendship. One of those days that you wish you could bottle and keep forever!
Happy Birthday Carol! I hope you get to see all the Cathedrals!



No comments: