Saturday 20 April 2013

Sewing Bee

I have watched The Great British Sewing Bee tonight for the first time.  Okay so it was the second part, the first clashed with other things I was recording.  However I am quitely inspired - again - to get out my sewing machine and sew.  I know I have been part way down this road before and got all fired up.  Dressmaking is something I know how to do.  A big fly in the ointment is that I have not properly done dressmaking for more moons than I can remember, so I am very rusty.  I have a philosophy that it will be like riding a bike - you never really forget once you're there.  There are other flies in the ointment along side, lack of space and time - fabric is a major one.  Even if I could source good fabric locally, at the moment, it is not a thing that is within my tighter than A Gnats Cod budget.  I have been told of a pretty smart fabric shop in Ulverston.  I'd like to go and look.

I joked with HK that he better watch the bed linen - the cotton sheets and duvet covers may be re-cycled.  He was not at all impressed.  Must go now, Mary-Jane has woken up and is crying x

2 comments:

Luneray said...

Am adding "tighter than A Gnats Cod" to my vocabulary and plan to use it in my discussions with colleagues. I can already see the look on their faces..."wait, I don't understand what that means...did you just say something obscene?"

CarpeDyem said...

It's a good one to use! You could also say 'smaller than a gnats cod'! And absolutely nothing obscene about it at all as you are talking about the gnats codpiece rather than what the gnat has nestling inside!