Tuesday 18 December 2012

Banana and Chocolate Chip Lovejack (Flapjack)

We have been a little warmer today, thanks to winter sunshine and a few extra fan heaters.  We have put a portable radiator in Mary-Jane's room.  I am quitely confident - and have my fingers and toes crossed - that she has a good nights sleep.  She needs it.  She woke up just before 5am, started crying and saying that she was cold and that she wanted more clothes on and to put a scarf on.  She came into bed with us, tried for a bit to settle, but was too awake.  She did have a snooze this afternoon(we all did!).  Since going to bed this evening I haven't heard her even cough.

I have made some Banana and Chocolate Chip Flapjack.  Yummy scrummy

115g unsalted butter
75g light brown soft sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
350g rolled oats
2 medium size bananas, mashed
100g dark chocolate chips

  • Preheat oven to 180c.  Grease and line a shallow 8" square tin with baking parchement
  • Put the butter, sugar, syrup and vanilla extract together in a pan and gently heat until melted.  Stir in the oats and leave to cool
  • Add the mashed bananas and chocolate chips and mix well together
  • Put the mix into the tin, level, smooth and press with a back of a spoon
  • Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden.  remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes then cut inot pieces.  Allow to cool completely in tin before turning out, then cut again with a sharp knife.
My latest baking reads, that I can recommend are - Great British Puddings by The Pudding Club and Baked in America by Outsider Tart.  I got them both from the library.  I know that the former is on its way from Amazon, via Santa for me, lucky me!

Today's baking is the first in my long list of Things I Want To Bake At The Moment.

No comments: